Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Response to Nicos Blog




  I am writing this to respond to Ms. Colomer's blog ( NicosWorld ) on the book "Slave and Citizen" by Frank Tennenbaum. She makes a few very interesting points in her blog about Tennebaum.  She writes "I found myself questioning whether or not he had an actual stand on slavery or was just leading us to a point where we make our own decision." in the first paragraph of her blog.(Colomer) In my opinion this means that she didn't think Tennenbaum had an actual stand on slavery. I agree with her statement because after reading more of Tennenbaums' "Slave and Citizen" i realize that his tone doesn't truly show if he favors or wants to get rid of slavery. I believe that Tennenbaum writes about slavery in a very general way and this is often shown in the passage as he switches between positive and negative results of slavery.

  Ms. Colomer shows that she believes this because of her saying that Tennenbaum "tends to contradict himself" in her blog.(Colomer) I have gotten many different feelings from reading “Slave and Citizen” but I still cannot tell If Frank Tennenbaum  wanted abolition of slavery of if he favored it.  His opinions and statements were very general although there was a lot of citation to back up his work. She writes “Reading over parts of the book like this brought me to question what is Tannenbaum really trying to say? What is his point out of the so many he makes?” as the ending sentence to the paragraph.(Colomer) I agree with the author of NicosWorld blogs because I myself can’t see which side he is on if any.

1 comment: